1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Friday, Last minute lawns i get. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lawn-Sharks, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

(Im not complaining) at all because last minute work = more payup for me, but it wears you out at the end of the day on Friday 4:00 to get a call from my largest Property management company, and have to drive 25 miles out further out then i already am just to service 3 more lawn that look like this... Thank god i charge out the wazoo for yards like these!

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

gotta love it!
  3. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

Yea thats a buzz kill at the end of the week, end of the day. Aint going to cut itself tho!
  4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

How much did you charge? $100, $125?
  5. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a $250-$300 lawn, mow, weed eat, blow- no raking - if raking - add another 150...we get those all the time - rental industry....
  6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Hold on a second you guys call 4:00 the end of the day??? lol

I'm lucky if I still have daylight when I get home to unload my stuff.

I wouldn't touch those lawns BTW.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

wow those lawns are always fun to cut!
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'll take a ZERO on doing that sort of work. But, if you have the time and a mower you don't mind using as a bushhog, and you can get a fair price for them, why not!?

Sometimes it's suprising how quick some of those overgrown crap-holes can be cut with decent equipment. Something with power and sharp blades can make the property look 200% better, even if it's not "perfect" when you are done.

I don't do "rehab" work anymore either. Never any free time in the schedule to deal with that crap anymore!
  9. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

a call at 4:00??? That SOB would have to wait until Monday AT THE EARLIEST!! I'm not trying to be all high and mighty and all--but that's pretty disrespectful calling @ 4 and expecting it to be done pronto! Not to mention the high grass that is gonna screw up your equipment prematurely. I hope you're getting paid some serious $$$ for this!
  10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Drive 25 minutes to mow a lawn??
    Not me. Got enough work locally, 25 minutes of driving would put me somewhere I dont want to be on Friday night. Pay up Sucka!!!