friday=premium day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 20, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

does everyone who's anyone request friday for a mowing day? everyone here wants friday. i try tellin them, that friday is the last day of the week, which means, if it rains alot, or sh!t happens, guess who gets boned??? i'm gonna start charging more for fridays. if i have to work till 7, to make sure your lawn is done on friday, i need more $$. from the bottom of my heart, i really, really, regret to say, that jodi was right. not that i was wrong, but maybe she was right
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Every body would like a cut on Fridays..................
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have never had a special request for Fridays (knock on wood), but in the past I try to put my higher paying accounts on that day.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 33 acre horse farm/estate (5 acres or so that we mow) that pay a premium for us to mow on Friday. 3 of my guys have to go out of their way on Friday afternoon to do this place...and yes bobby, they pay a hefty premium for our service. BTW, if Friday looks like a washout, we are there on Thursday afternoon too.

They are extremely wealthy, I mow for their inlaws and one sister's place also which are all large as well. Dad always told me, "charge accordingly". And I do...
  5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Before I sold my maint. side I charged $10.00 more for friday cuts, and allot of customers are glad to pay an extra $10 to have a nice cut lawn for the weekend
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Keep practicing, it will get easier saying it.
  7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I had a thread awhile back talking about how everyone wants thursdays and fridays around here. I had nothing for monday and tuesday. That has changed now, i have a full work week.
  8. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Thursday is really the premium day. Due to the fact that in rain out situations, they can still be done on Friday.

Like Bobby said, Fridays can sometimes be a wash out.
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

have to agree with ya lawnworker, most people like Thursday
  10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I only have 1 customer that wants it cut on friday.But we dont mow on friday so it gets cut on thursday. I tell every customer , it gets cut on the day we are in the area. PERIOD.