Friday's Next Year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TNT Lawncare, Aug 31, 2006.

1. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

This year I have managed to mow everything before Friday leaving it either open in case of rain or an off day for me. I was thinking that next year I will offer Friday mowings at a premium price if they want Friday. This year I didn't even offer it. I started at Monday and when that filled up I moved on. Do you think people will go for it?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Probably...but expect a bunch of headaches and running around in 14 different directions all day. Have ya thought what you will do when it rains all day on Friday?

3. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

and what if it rains friday and saturday ? do they get it at reg. price if mowed
    thursday ? I dont think it would work that well and like Rod said you would be running all over the place !!!

4. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Why Do You Have Friday Off? Make That Your Fri List And Make Them Pay For It Add About 25%-30%

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you want to charge more just because its friday? Its just another day.The only day Id charge extra for is Sunday. I think its a stupid idea. IMO.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

friday is just another day but i wish customers could understand that! . i have several that insist on being done on friday so their lawn looks best on weekends.

7. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Everybody and their brother wants their lawn done on Friday around here so it is nice for the weekend. If it rains or supposed to rain on Friday, they can get it done on Thurs or Sat. Everyday of the week is the same to me so it doesn't matter. I have Fridays off now because I don't have enough work for 5 days. Oh well, 3 day weekends.

8. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

The top guns round here work 4 days a week mon-thurs,when you are starting out most people work 5-6 days a week, but when you get tight routes and good priced lawns you can drop it back to 4 day week ,friday being an emergency day for rain and breakdowns, if you want to work 5 days a week you might as well work at Walmart.

9. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Justmowit charges a premium for this day. I charge a premium for this day, golf courses (some) charge friday as a weekend rate which happens to be more than a weekday rate.

IMO...it will never work.

10. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

++++I started at Monday and when that filled up I moved on++++

That is how we filled our schedules, only we started with Friday and worked backwards.

Now that the schedules are full, we are learning that we are driving into the same nbeighborhoods to mow lawns 4 days per week. Over the next two days, we will find out how accomodating our clients will be when moved from Th/Fr to Mo/Tu/We.

We will lose clients. That much is certain.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper