Fried lawns 2003

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenQuest Lawn, Jun 21, 2003.

1. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well with alot of you guys getting WAY too much rain, we here are getting not enough. Heck .7" from may 11 till now, (.5" fell on may 12)

Will be way worse if we can not get any rain next week (calling for a chance) temps will be in the upper 80's to 90deg.

Now some of these do have irrigation but can only water every other day.

Notice in this pic the one in the foreground is also my account but has good coverage on the irrigation. The burnt one in back did not get the irrigation turned on in time. I do not handle the water there and the owner sent a letter to his guy on May 5 and still no water.....looks like I may have it for irrigation next year.

1.jpg

2. GreenQuest Lawn

close up.

5.jpg

3. GreenQuest Lawn

Same situation, same company not getting water to this one.

3.jpg

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Rephrase that or add to it;

looks like you may have it for RENOVATION next year.

Man thats Toast:blob2:

5. GreenQuest Lawn

This company will be going out of business soon so they did not turn on their water. With snowplowing its my biggest account. Which sucks but oh well. I mowed this a total of two times so far this year. It looks terrible cause it was long (they just call when they want it mowed and have a check waiting for me) and then it dried out. Just to show we have been dry for some time now.

4.jpg

6. GreenQuest Lawn

Yea maybe, I think it will be ok if we get some water soon, It was green two weeks ago so just dormant for now. If we do not get any water in the next week or two things may start dying.

7. Even with all the rain we have and are still having, I am starting to see fried lawns, well parts of lawns already. None of which are any of mine yet.

8. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

ugh its painful to see those lawns quest

9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

It has rained the last 15 out of 19 days here.

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Sameway here. The Bermuda is fine, but the fescue is thinning with some dead grass, and the Zoysia is stressed too. Red thread and heat I guess. But its hasn't even really been 90 yet. Its not hot yet. Guess my tall fescue wont make it.:(