Friend bought a Prowler front cut!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green King, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I was visiting a friend of mine and he wanted to show me his new toy! I knew he had been looking for a new mower to replace his old Zipper front cut. He told me he had tried every front cut he could find and setteld on an Encore! After looking the machine over I was suprised at how smooth the machine was! It impressed me on the leaves it chewed up. I just found it interesting about this machine! It seems to be a good alternative to the Woods and Hopper machines around here!

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw those front cuts very tough built looking machine! I do not use front cut mowers anymore but if I was I would certainly look at one with the diesel engine on it!

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Encore's apperar to be built pretty good. It seems like thats a brand that a lot of people overlook for some reason. Maybe their dealers aren't any good or atleast thats the case around here.

4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I run encore WBs and i like them. VERY EASY to work on in the field and reasonably priced.

Just some info here, the same guy who helped founded EXMARK and was a major helper in KEES mowers also founded ENOCRE

5. Green King

Just a little update! My buddy has just under 400hrs. on the Encore and has only had one flat on the machine as far as breakdowns! Pretty Good and he still seems very happy!

6. Travis Followell

from KY

What engine is on it?

7. Green King

27hp water cooled kawasaki!

8. joe2106

joe2106 LawnSite Member

I have a 33 horse Encore that has been a complete disappointment. I have tried to return it numerous times with no success. Here are my problems and I'm sure I have forgotten some: ( By the way the machine has 150 hours and is 3 months old)
    1. Deck sags which produces an uneven cut even to the untrained eye--has been "corrected" atleast 3 times-no luck
    2. Electric lift for deck drifts sometimes inches at a time
    3. Parking brake is completely worthless--almost rolled off a bobcat trailer only to be saved by the ramps that are folded up-I wish it would have rolled off, however.
    4. Some Hyrdo sensor went bad on a 1 million sq ft mowing job making the mower paralized only to have to get a bobcat the load the SOB up with while the exmark picks up the slack.
    5. Rides rougher than a bronco even with the suspension seat
    6. Doesn't discharge grass other than in huge piles
    7. Leaves stripes of uncut grass at any speed with even the sharpest blades
    8. Leaks oil from the engine and also the hydro tank
    9. Seat sensor repeatly has gone bad requiring the operator to bounce the keep the machine running
    10.Shocks on the control levers have broken at least 4 times
    11. Doesn't pick up grass at all basically with the blower/vac system

I hate this machine and they (Encore the actual factory I bought it from)won't take it back, what do you guys suggest? I will never buy anything with Encore for a name and will try to let everyone know about this. I just don't understand how swome people just love these machines. Did I just get a lemon or what? All it has to do is not break and cut grass--the exmark machines don't seem to have a problem.

Any suggestions?
    Joe

9. Travis Followell

from KY

Is it a front mount or a mid mount?

10. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

The prowler is a Mid-Mount. :)