friendly reminder

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Cinimod, May 26, 2006.

1. Cinimod

Cinimod LawnSite Member

I work in new home construction and today while working on a house, I observed a LCO mowing a customers yard. Ok, mowing a yard, no problem, BUT the illegal nimrods parked their vehicle w/ trailer in front of not only the customers driveway but the neighbors too. :nono: What the heck were they thinking ! I know in some cases a homewoners driveway will need to be blocked but this was very unprofessional the way it was today. BUT that's not the half of it. The customer was away from the house and returned home only to have to honk to get the LCO to move his vehicle. The guy just stood there looking at the home owner for a minute or two before he realized he needed to move. :hammerhead: The home owner pulls in and asked the guy what he was doing there ( mowing the yard that is ), she had called monday and cancelled their services with this company. She tells him their services are no longer needed and the guy gets his partner and they left the yard as is, half mowed. Moral of this stroy is make sure you know what customers have dropped you, so you won't waste time and money like they did above.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Funny, cause today my guys couldn't even get to a clients house because the contractor morons that were building a new deck in the next door neighbors backyard had their 4 company vehicles and 2 trailers parked in front of my clients house while nothing at all was parked in front of their clients house where they were working. SO, I told my guys to ask them nicely one time to move their vehicles and if they do great and all is well, and if they don't....................spray those vehicles and trailers with freshly cut grass to givem' a new look :laugh:

3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Just what was it that made them illeagal nimrods?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You know I was also wondering that and also how he knew every single word and detail of someone elses business converstaion.

5. Cinimod

Cinimod LawnSite Member

the guy was hispanic and didn't speak a lick of english, one of these illegals that come from the boarder and take the American jobs at a rate cheaper than what it should be and not pay a single tax ! there is alot of that here in texas and it pisses me off. as far as knowing what was said, it wasn't too difficult to hear as it was quiet aside from the edger going and the home owner yelling to get her words heard. plus I was in the street getting items out of my vehicle, so no more than 30 feet away.

6. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

You probably could have got your job done a bit quicker if you weren't sticking your nose where it didn't belong. But, that's just my opinion. I would think you were an LCO by the way this bothers you. Like he's taking your work or something. Everything will be okay!

7. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

and illegals due pay a tax or two.........gas,food(nonessentials),(not saying all but..)liquer,smokes. think about what that adds up for "w" and you can say bill passed.

8. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I don't understand why you are beating up the hard working illegals. The American people want them here. The politicians want them here. The Mexican government wants them here.

9. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I don't want to start a political discussion and I know I'll probably get heat for this but here goes... the America today is not the same America it was when my Father and Grandfather were young. America has become a nation of lazy Reality show watching slackers. I think immigrants realize the potential this country has when you work hard. Who can blame them for wanting to come in and do jobs no American will do for less money. All their doing is working hard and trying to better themselves. We, as a country, have become lazy and careless. This is not to say everyone is lazy but a good majority. I'm not trying to offend anyone and this is just my view of things. If Americans had the same drive and desire to better themselves as some of these illegals we would be a better nation.. Just my .02

10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Mrks lawn is right. immigrants see the opportunity to make money doing jobs american people dont want to do because it "doesnt pay well" and they do those jobs. IMO, many americans need to get up off that damned couch, and stop worrying about how much the job pays. if you dont like the illegals here, do the job so they dont have the opportunity. simple enough?
    ok, I'll get off my soap box now.
    besides, how can you be POSITIVE this person was an illegal? he may have actually had everything to legally work in this nation, give em some benifit of a doubt.