Friends working with Friends

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hess, Feb 10, 2007.

1. hess

hess LawnSite Member

I always read that friends working with friends is a bad idea, it won't work etc etc etc. This my short story about friends working with friends. I'm the owner of Daddy Joe's Lawn Service been in bussiness for 4 years. Daddy Joe's Lawn Service wes founded by my best friend of 12 years. The last years i spent with my friend working side by side was the best day's of my life.We had our problems and we always got them sloved. He would alway's say walk way from it and come back later. We have a job to do let's do it and talk about it later. Well in 10/2005 i lost my best friend of 12 years due to cancer he was 36 i'm 34.1 week he was sick and 2 weeks leater i buried my best friend of 12 years. I know today when i got to work i know he us there smiling down at me!! Every 2 week's i go to his grave site and cut his grass and make him:) . So working with friends isn'nt so bad it worked for me and i hope it works for you spend your time and enjoy each other!! :angel:

2. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

sorry to hear about your loss

RIP

3. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

good story, though not a happy one....might make some people think 2 times about what they have. thanks for that

4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Make everyday count with Friends and Family, Nor you or them are promised tomorrow!

5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

if working with friends didn't work then there wouldn't be a US Military. I understand what your saying about agruments me and my supervisor are buds and we also are probably the fastest when we are paired up for the day, maybe its the fact that we both know what each other is going to do.