Frigging Snow!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by AlleganyLawnCare, Mar 15, 2007.

1. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

I just finished cleaning and putting all of my snow removal equipment up, thinking it was finally over. Oh no..... we are under a winter warning and are going to get 4 to 8 inches Friday! Sure, it is money, but I am just tired of the cold and snow all together. I want some green (money and grass wise)!

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

6 to 10 here had all the plows off and was bringing out the mowing equipment :hammerhead:

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel for you we are starting full service on monday.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we were about to get the lawn equip ready and we already did a few spring jobs too but hey moneys money and snow aint that bad of a gig either 3-6 here

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel for you all on the east side of the country. We have been going full blast since the first of the month. busier and busier each week.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

All 4 plows are back on...guess we won't be doing mulch on Monday :nono:

7. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Too early for mulch anywhere on the east coast, could injure the roots and insulate the frost don't you think? We are supposed to get 15-20 inches here, so it's a good thing we didn't plan on doing much until April 2nd. But my friends and I have our 4 snowmobiles ready to roll one last ride. Tomorrow we are riding all over the place and grabbing some corned beef and cabbage at a few local taverns and a couple beers (many beers once we don't have the drive the sleds anymore). It's days like this I am so thankful we don't have to plow! Catch me if you can!

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Rod, I think you're hitting the "panic button". Weve been trhu 40 yds of mulch, did about 80 lime applications and at least 15 clean-ups. I am not going to pu on any salt spreaders unless I have no other choice and there is no way I'm going to hook up a plow again this year unless its in December.

Deny, deny, deny.

9. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I dread the loss of work days until the snow melts. Losing billable work days is not what I need right now. A busy March is a happy April. Screw the money I'll make on snow, I want to be able to pay my property tax next month.

10. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

ya, you can look at it either way I guess. make 2G this storm and maybe lose a weeks worth of work. but it could be a hurricane or monsoon rain instead and then we would really be losing money. I'm pretty happy