Frisbee Advertising versus Flyer's next Spring

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joshlawn, Dec 23, 2006.

1. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

Gopher Forum - Frisbee Advertising <-- This sounds like a good idea and a real time saver versus flyer's, but can this be considered littering and punishable by law, or even tacky? Otherwise it would be fun, and certainly an attention getting medium. Would any of you like to be my sounding board on this?

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

You would have to be a good shot. How many would end up on the roof or in the bushes? Just think if it did work how many times would you find yourself picking up that dam frisbee while mowing.

3. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

LoL, I'm a pretty good shot, but I would primarily aim for the middle of the front yard.

Even if I did have to pick it up regularly, it would be a small price to pay for a contract.

4. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I mow OVER 20 other LCO's frisbees every time I cut!!!:walking: :clapping: :cool2: :waving: :usflag: :laugh: :drinkup:

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It's definitely thinking outside of the box, and I like that! But how cost effective is it, say at 57 cents a piece, even if you wanted to say just throw out 250 in a few small exclusive areas you wanted to get in? that would be $142 bucks just for 250 frisbees. Is it really worth it? I would rather spend my money on signs, which we have in the past. signs are cheaper, easier to put out 20 signs in neighborhoods you want to work in, and we have gotten a lot of work off of signs.