1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

From Application To Dinner Plate

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Smallaxe, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

It isn't accurate, and respectfully you should correct it if you are going to continue posting it.

Also, my "question" was designed to establish a point, a point that was apparently missed.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Actually light and water are not elements.

So you assume because you have not "observed" growth that N is not being utilized by the plant.

And you have reached these conclusions how? Experimentation? "Observation"?

"Anyways", that information is available if you would bother to look for it. Instead all we get is more wild theories instead of accurate information.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I would like the Wisconsinite Turf Association to address my observations and ideas... It has taken some time but so far "New Research" is beginning to confirm what I've believed all along...

The New Research article form OSU involving the "Benefits of Late Fall Fertilization" has gone a long way to describing the effects of cultural practices, but the ability for LCOs to understand the implications, seem to be lacking...

Therefore intelligent discussion is in order to help us all assimililate the information rather than simply regurgitate the wording of something that was read some where...
    Building thoughtful ideas and forming meaningful concepts, that relate to the Real World Experiences are what is needed... but I see we are back in the lowlife communications of ridiculing individual sentences that have not been understood, because 2 or more ideas/thoughts were put together in 1 paragraph...

I could go back to elementary explanations addressing what wasactually said but that is the distraction and derailment of the train of thought that is desired by the verbal bullies, so it is easier to just walk away laughing... :)

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Kiril

Please feel free to make any corrections you feel are Necessary with my blessing. I am in old guy mode and no longer as sharp as I once was.

If fact about a year ago I read a paper on Redox Potential and didn't understand a word the author was saying. Then I looked to see who wrote the paper, I wrote the paper 10 years ago. Remember I am 72 yr old now and the only thing Organic in my brain is Organic Brain Syndrome.

Happy Thanksgiving

Smallaxe

I list the elements that make water at the very top of my list, which are Hydrogen and Oxygen. I also List Carbon which is the common bonding agent of all Organic matter.

Think Green

You missed the obvious clue. This is a 5 cent question.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

But you see Axe, we aren't getting thoughtful intelligent discussion from you, and the accurate information you do present (or "regurgitate") is done so without understanding. Therefore you might try holding yourself to your own standards for once.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Appreciate the go ahead, but to save time I will just post some links and let the readers sort it out.

http://neo.edu/Portals/4/Faculty Staff/Web Pages/Fent, Roger/NUTRIENTS.pdf

http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes...antHormones/EssentialPlant/EssentialPlant.htm

http://landresources.montana.edu/NM/Modules/Module9.pdf

http://www.ncagr.gov/agronomi/pdffiles/essnutr.pdf

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

OK, my 2 cents worth,,, wasn't worth a nickel... I give up...

What the the 17th element... :)

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

A man with a nickels worth of sense wouldn't have to ask that question.

9. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I can't believe I allowed myself to fall for Ric's tricks.
    Below my post RIC......obviously not by better judgement I said--Nickel, Selenium,etc. as a secondary answer instead of iodine.
    The answer is NI--Nickel.

The 5 cent answer!!!
    Funny to say the least because when you are looking for an answer it is right before you!

Nickel is a key component of selected enzymes involved in N metabolism and biological N fixation. Plants suffering from Ni deficiency show necrosis initiating from the tip of the leaf.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Not the first time by any means.