From "Blah" to "Beautiful"!! Another QLC Renovation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by qualitylandscaping, Sep 1, 2003.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's some pictures from a job we just finished.

Before- Very large and overgrown evergreen shrubs.. Nothing had been touched in over 4 years.. Weeds everywhere.. Several dead plants.. Plants blocking the patio around the pool...

After- Removed all dead and overgrown limbs and most of the evergreens.. Installed brick edging.. Added red ochre mulch.. Trimmed everything back.. Added a few new plants...

Total materials cost: $247.85
    Total billed to customer: $690.00 (took two days to complete with 2 guys working)..

First picture is before...

jam0571.jpg

2. qualitylandscaping

And after!:)

jam1591.jpg

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO

billed $690
    material $247.85
    Gross profit $442.15

divided by 32 man hours (2 days, 2 men, 8 hours per day/man) leaves you with a whoping $13.82 per man hour. Here i thought i was missing out on the high profit landscaping jobs by sticking to mowing for only $60/hr. Hope this was a learning experience for you.

4. qualitylandscaping

sorry, 4 hour days.. 4hrs doing that job and the other 4hrs mowing...

5. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Not a bad job, but your price is WAY off if you spent that much on materials, and spent that much time.

6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i think it looks great. I know the cust. must like it.

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

It does look good, but you are only selling yourself short on the price.

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by paponte
    Really depends on what type of services you are talking about. I generally get $60hr for a foreman, and $30hr for laborers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally posted by qualitylandcaping
    $100 per hour for design work.

Most work is $45-75/ hr per laborer.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened did you lowered your rates due to gasoline prices droping down?

even 2 day of four hours each would be 16 hours (two guys) now don't tell me you meant to say 8 hours total

9. qualitylandscaping

I did the job for a friend of my mom's.. Didn't want to go that low with the price but wanted the job because it's in a "spendy" area of town. The people around there will see you out working and will ask you to do work for them too.. If one person hires someone, everyone does.. I know I cut myself at about $20/hr short, but for the referrals this guy has given us so far, it's worth the loss..

10. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

How old is the first picture from the last?, it sure doesn't look two days apart