From Exmark to Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by X-mow, Oct 9, 2003.

1. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

I'll never trade Exmark for Ferris an LCO near one of our customers ran Exmark equipment last year and his lawn looked great .Then this year he goes to ferris and lawn looks like it's done with a murray or somethin'

Love my Exmark's
    I like this pic my lil sis took it makes me and my mower look giant.:)

picture 153.jpg

2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Gotta say, I loved my Ferris and my eXmark's.... Both had seperate applications and both worked perfectly for those applications. My first Ferris unit, a 32" single drive hydro unit with the 12.5 kawasaki is still, to this day, in full operation... original motor and drive unit... must have thousands of hours.. built like a little tank. That unit was used when I bought it almost 10 years ago.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Whats that knob that your left hand is over?

4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've found that many people blames the equipment for the quality result they get.

I've seen many people do such a horrible job with an exmark, scag, ferris, crapstman, etc.

The same I've seen such a nice job done with all of the above mowers.

I can't belive if someone is doing a great job with a piece of equipment would trade for something else.

I'm sure exmark is a great mower, but so is ferris and I can prove it.

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to see other mower manufacturers use independant suspensions like ferris. I have to hand it to them for their forward thinking. Most of the commercial mowers today are still around because they're made well. As chuck said, they each have their own applications.

6. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

I didn't say Ferris wasn't good I just said I wouldn't trade an exmark for one

TLS that the blade engagement lever its a pull start so there's no electric clutch

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

x-mow,

Yep, sorry! I never realized that! I thought all non electric clutched eXmarks used a lever (over center). I finally looked at a catalog, and its just like your picture.

I learn something new every day. Today I learned a LOT!

Thanks Mr. Giant!!! :D