From Orange to Green

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpmako, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up the replacement for my 48" scag today.
    Since I have some pretty big properties it was time to upgrade yet keep a walk behind in the fleet. It is a John Deere 7H19 54" 19 HP Kawasaki w/ Electric start. It should be sporting an Accelerator Catcher in about a week or so.

08_21_07_1652.jpg

2. jpmako

Another view

08_21_07_1650.jpg

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool,i thought about going green but the dealer here had no walk behinds and was not to interested in selling me,we went with scag 2 hydros with electric start,how much was the beast,you need a sulky.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Scag WB have electric start now? Really wanting that on units.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Oh yea fixed 48 inchers,17 kawasaki with electric start,we pull 2 enclosed for mowing itz always tight in the trailers hard to pull and start em.

6. TurfGuysInc.

TurfGuysInc. LawnSite Member

can I ask how much you paid for the deere?
    Thanks

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i still see that orange in the back!

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

lol,i hope itz a green sulky.

9. jpmako

Yeah it is now for houses that have Gates...

The machine cost approximately $6300.00 with electric start and the hour meter which were both add-ons.
    As far as a velke I have a brand new Jungle Jims two wheel that my guy says is just too rough on him and he would rather walk. I am considering a Pro-Slide does anyone have any experience with them? BTW a Pro-Slide is what JD recommends for the machine.

Jason

10. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

I have a 15HP Kawi Hustler48" and the Proslide and it runs great on my yard. I have had three backsurgies all ready and the slide is actually easier on me than riding my JD4110. The slope is actually much steeper than it looks as the camera is about seven feet off the ground taking this. While the yard looks smooth there are tons of hole, divets. hickory nuts etc.. and the slide just glides right over them.

[​IMG]