Front Airbags?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by STIHL GUY, Sep 28, 2010.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

this season i will have my 16HP leaf loader mounted on the front of my 05' 2500HD. i believe the loader is around 600lbs. i was wondering if you guys would recommend adding anything to the front end to handle the weight of the loader or if it will be fine stock. here is what i am looking into...

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/52212-chevy-2500hd.html

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Well, the loader weighs about as much as a snowplow, so you could be fine running with your stock suspension. I have no idea what the things are you are looking at but they are not airbags...it says in the description that they don't require any air when you get them. If you need some help in the front to carry the weight, go with timbrens.

3. STIHL GUY

from CT

its the same concept as timbrens

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

5. STIHL GUY

from CT

thats a little more $$ than i am looking to spend

6. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

even though its out of your price range i just figured id say that they WILL get the job done, i have them and my truck drops about 1/4" when i raise the plow.

7. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

You get what you pay for with everything in life.

8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

your gonna drop like 200 on timbrens for the front your truck and it will ride like ****. i have timbrens on all four corners of one of our f350s and it bucks like crazy.

the other two pickups have air bags in the rear and they have a much better ride.

our chevy dump has timbrens on the front to help with the heavy blizzard 810 powerplow.

9. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

The airbags that are filled by an air compressor are fairly cheap and easy to adjust. They just fit into the front springs, I believe.

10. STIHL GUY

from CT

i have airbags in the rear and i love them but i can not find them for the front for some reason