Front Baffel

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cajuncutter, Sep 17, 2003.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Well here in Shreveport we now have a new dealer, i think it is great!! Anyway while talking to Robert I explained the only real complaint I have about my Shortcut mulch kit is the blow out in front of the deck while cutting on dry days. Sometimes I can cut our first yard and with in 10 minutes I am covered with grass and dirt. Well with Fall so near I am beggining to get concerned about the leaf issue. I can only imagine soon as I hit a yard full of leaves it is going to be horrible. He explained that for the newer mowers there is some sort of front baffel system that helps prevent this? If so what is the part number etc. for a 54 inch shortcut (I purchased this mower in 99). I would like to use the mulch system this fall and really hate the idea of having to remove the mulch kit.
    Louis

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There at one time was a air flow kit for a 54" Shortcut deck, it was part # 325019, ask your dealer to locate one for you, he may or may not be able to.
    The cuurent kits we offer are for the 52", 60" and 72" decks, on the current Z riders.

Hope this helps
    Pj

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Update,
    The above kit is available and your dealer can order it from the factory, we have 12 avalable right now.

Later
    Pj

4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you pj...i will get them right on it