Front Baffle setting on Mod Triton

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Sugarridge, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Sugarridge

Sugarridge LawnSite Member

I finally got all of the Triton mods on my 06 66" XS. The dealer at first just replaced the pulleys to speed up BTS. This made the QOC worse. However, now that the one baffle was added and the other cut back, QOC is much better. I do have a question, I exclusively mow 5 acre parcels of Bahia in the transport mode height with discharge, no mulching. I am presently getting alot of blowout from the front of the deck which makes very dusty and unpleasant to mow in araes where the bahia is not thick. The front baffle is presently set with two holes showing. Should I lower it and if so to what setting. Looking forward to your reply.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sugarridge,

Glad to hear the mods worked for your unit. It's interesting you mentioned you are cutting w/ the deck in the transport lock. We've heard of some guys doing this, but haven't seen it or heard about it from a direct customer. Cutters that are doing this need to realize the transport lock is....well....a transport lock! We don't recommend that users do this b/c the machine isn't designed to cut at that position. That being said, if you are having a blowout problem, then it's worth a try to lower the front baffle, and evaluate the results. Let us know how it works.

Casey

3. Sugarridge

Sugarridge LawnSite Member

Casey,
    Unfortunately, when mowing Bahia the higher the setting the better and thus we use the transport setting. Why do you not recommend cutting at this setting? Is it detrimental to any components of the machine? What actual height in inches is the highest setting compared to the transport setting? Again, we mostly mow 5 - 10 acre properties and according to IFAS at the University of Florida they recommend the highest setting possible. And to tell you the truth the Bahia looks and grows much better cut high in our experience.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I wasn't saying you are crazy for mowing that high. I realize that your type of grass needs to be cut as high as possible. We don't recommend cutting at this setting because it's the transport setting and thus, we don't test it. In other words we can't guarantee a quality cut in this position. To my knowledge, it isn't detrimental to any components.

Casey