Front Caster Tire Has Leaks

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DieselDeere, May 14, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

My Lazer (lemon) is now 7 HRS old and the inside of the front caster wheel has two small holes. How can I fix this?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Diesel Deere,

It's really tough to say what can be done with out seeing the holes. If it's in the tread it can probably be plugged if it's a puncture. Some sidewall punctures can be plugged while others require you to remove the tire and put a patch on the inside.

I'd have it looked at by your dealer when you have the belt looked at.

Thanks

Terry

3. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Is their a soild rubber tire available for the new 2003 27 HP 52" Lazer Z

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you think they put the holes in at the factory? : )

Geez, talk about a tough customer.

5. eXmark

Diesel Deere,

At this time we do not offer a solid tire for the Lazer Z's. In our testing the pneumatic tires with a good sealant compound still seam to be a good choice at this time.

The "old" style of solid rubber tires were extremely harsh on the machine as well as the operator. Some of the new "softer" solids do show some promise, however there's nothing we can recommend at this time.

Thanks

Terry

6. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Do you have a recommended sealant to use?

7. eXmark

DieselDeere,

I have heard some good things about Slime. I know a lot of people here (Nebraska) go to the Goodyear store and use the white stuff they have.

Your best bet is to ask your local dealer. Being up northern USA may have something that works better than what the southern guy’s use.

You can always post on the general forum or better yet do a search. You should be able to find a ton of info.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. I'm guessing deciding which sealant is better is about the same as Ford, Chevy or Dodge on trucks.

Bottom line is, if it works for you use it.

Thanks, Fred.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

7 hours and you consider it a lemon? Holes in tires only come from you. If they were there before you bought it the tire would have been flat then.

Let me get this straight, your 14 yrs old and own a new lazer with 2 holes in 1 tire. Humm...

9. DieselDeere

from Midwest

The drive belt came of two times, the hour meter was not running when I first got it and it backfires!

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Belts and hour meter could be due to the dealer putting it together. People make human mistakes. The backfire is normal on all motors when they are new. Especially Kawis. After it gets some hours on it, it will stop that.