1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Front Cut Prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green King, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I have a good friend who wants to buy a 60" front cut mower. So I thought I would do a little research for him.

Needs to be a 60"
    27hp gas
    dual tail wheels

Note I have already got some good info for him on the Encore.

A few thoughts and some prices would be helpfull.
  2. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

New or used?

There seems to some decent used ones with low hours once in a while.

Another one to add to the mix would be the Woods Mow'n Machine. They will be very similar to the Encore since Encore is making this unit for woods now. There is a new FZ28K with a 61" MXdeck on ebay right now for $8665.

Snapper and Bush Hog use to make front mounts but I am not sure if they still do.
  3. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

There both very expensive new. What does he want to do? Side discharge, mulch, or bag , or all 3? GHoppers that size probaly over $10000. depending on options. I have a real good one below that is in great shape with a lot of options including a snow plow. $5000 or less than 1/2 price and 1400 hrs on a Kubota LC engine that lasts to 4 or 5000 hrs if well maintained.
  5. Green King

He wants to buy new and just mow. no bagging or mulching.

I did not know about the woods machine I will have to see if there are any around. Thanks.
  6. Green King

Checked around three woods dealers but no one carries the mowers. I quess that lets them out.

Grasshopper has a 727 liquid cooled unit that seems pretty nice. Do not know anyone who uses them around here.

I looked at the exmark it is a nice looking machine as well. unit has a 27hp kohler seemed pricy to me.

Need more input guys:waving:
  7. Green King

anybody out there?
  8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

The only front mount mower I run is Walker. Its a good machine but requires a lot of maintenance. I think you can get into a 26hp EFI with a 52 or 62 inch deck for around $9500. Theres only a $100 difference between the two decks. The 26hp EFI has more than enough power required to power the decks and it does it with good fuel ecomomy. Also you can change from a 52" deck to a 74" deck if you want.
  9. Green King

That walker price is very good compared to the Exmark and Grasshopper prices that I have been given. Does walker make a water cooled unit?