Front End Loader For Ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSIM, Jan 20, 2005.

1. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I can't get the link to come up, but if you are referring to the attatchment for the Exmark...it looks interesting. I would like to see one in use. Could be helpful for some....

3. DSIM

sorry about the link. if you want to see it in use just type in front end loader in ebay and it has video links.

4. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I worry about two things. One, the durability of the item...hmmnnn Two, are the pumps on the mowers designed to endure this kind of strain?

5. DSIM

I think it is very little strain on the hydro's. If a DC can tow 1k lbs than this would be nothing compared to that.

6. DSIM

Company plans on making these for Toro & Scagg soon but for now its just Exmark.

zloader.jpg

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You are just asking for trouble with that thing. It will wear out your front caster bearing real fast. Also that will put an unbelievable amount of strain on your mower's frame. I wouldn't buy one.

8. aw20536

aw20536 LawnSite Member

I believe this would be extremely detrimental to a hydraulic system. When you force the bucket into a pile of sand, gravel, mulch, etc, the hydraulic pressures go up extremely high. Not good at all for the seals in motors and pumps. Also, in the video it shows the guy scooping clay, not only is the hydraulic pressures going to skyrocket but so is the hydraulic oil temp. Don't think I will be getting one.
    Allen

9. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe those are electirc over hydrulic so the only strain would be on the battery and the front casters

10. DSIM

Why will be so harmful to the hydro's on a z?
    Is the hydraulics on a z much different than say on a forklift or a backhoe?
    Its hydraulics that make the heavy equipment machines so powerful.
    So what is the difference here?
    thanks