1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Front end loader

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Birdhunter1, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 7' bucket on my Ford 7209 loader on the front of my Ford 3910, I want a 6'. With the bucket full it makes the rear pretty light (yes I can weight it down more) but I'm more worried about the spindles on the front end, I think the bucket stresses it too much when it's loaded.

The bucket is in good shape, it's got 1 rust hole but I can easily fix it if someone would like to trade.
  2. MLT

MLT LawnSite Member

I have a 3910 and and a JD 4520 4X4 With a loader. I would not recommend putting a loader on it because of the weight and not being 4 wheel drive. Before I got my JD I tested the 2 wheel drive model and hands down the 4 wheel models won me over. If you are going to do any heavy moving with it go 4 wheel drive.
  3. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

I've already got a loader on it and to me it's not too heavy for it, but when I get that bucket too full is when I worry about it more.
    Mostly I use it on the farm or at my house but if I could find a 6' I'd prefer it, this 7' bucket is a big deep sucker. It's pretty close to 1 1/4 yards.