Front mount aerators for zero turn mowers.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Gumbygold, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Gumbygold

Gumbygold LawnSite Member
    from NE Iowa

I saw one @ trac-vac.com but cannot find prices. anyone use these
    do they have enough downpressure to plug deep enough it says up to two and 1/2 inch.

I would prefer to not use a tow behind on a zero turn mower, and am looking for something 48'' for large areas. I'm sure a good walkbehind would do better job but not as efficient. Is a deep core going to be that much better than a shallower corer. I think i just made a word up.

Any input would be appreciated

2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i have one by trac vac....wished i never bought the thing. It has enough ground pressure to get into the ground but at it's lowest setting unless on flat ground, it willl tear crap up. I would look at the solid tine aerator by hooker. it seems to be a bit more user friendly.

3. Gumbygold

Gumbygold LawnSite Member
    from NE Iowa

how much did the trac vac run you? Is it completly junk or has its purpose.

what other options are there for front mount. anybody own a good one.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Gator Rator, but they're not in biz anymore.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Doesn't the solid Tyne create more compaction??

6. dcgreenspro

from PA

1700..i think. IT works fine but at the heighest raised hieght out of the ground gives you three in. of clearence to the ground. if you are on uneven ground, you will end up ripping the s#$% out of the area. And the fact teat you have to curl the arm extension in and out to hook up while you are in the field, and holding the heavy ass aerifier. IT sucks.STAY AWAY!!!

7. dcgreenspro

from PA

They say that the surrounding hole gets more compacted. I don't know if the hooker is solid tine or not but from the discription, it sounds like it. If the thing could punch a lot of holes, i'd use over teh one i have now.JMO

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Good Point

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The Hooker is no good either.....

10. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I see this thread Is a bit old...but I'm still wondering how good the front mounts work...any more Input on this guy/Gals:)
    Daner