front mount leaf loader?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grassman88, Jun 18, 2011.

1. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

They may not have the answer, when I heard about the law for plow dates, I asked well over a dozen officers, including supervisors and a towns chief, none of them could give me an answer. I actually pulled over when I saw a statie from the truck team, he confirmed the plow law for me and gave me the citation number for it.

I would hate to get in a rear end collision with the leaf vac mounted to the front, im sure an attorney would love to sue your company and insurance claiming that it effected your bumpers propper crush rate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

yea thats what i was thinking thats exactly why i want to make sure its legal befor i start making the brackets

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

what area of MA are you in

4. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We are in mass and I don't think it is legal to mount on front. But for that fact it is also illegal to let your hitch hang out the back of your truck when not towing a trailer. WTF anything for our state to make money off re working guy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

6. grassman88

from mass

live in wonderful fitchburg hahaha but work in the littleton concord sudbury area

7. grassman88

from mass

yea im glad they dont inforce that law because i would be bagged lol i never take the hitch out. and yes the laws in mass suck lol

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, front mount leaf loaders are illegal. Just keep that in mind :)

9. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

Do you leave the loading hose attached while you drive? If so where do you put it.

I am debating whether to front mount my loader but I don't know what to do with the hose and reattaching the loading hose at each property seems like a time killer.

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I just got finished building my new box on the 12' dump today. (this was the box last year) It will hold 16cy this year. I have my BG loader mounted on the front and always leave the hose connected.

dump3.jpg