Front mount mowers for residential accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T Scapes, Jul 9, 2012.

1. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for all the info going to check out a 1445 tomorrow

2. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

Tried sending this earlier but had issues with browser... Anyway, based on what you're saying I would recommend the 1435, not the 1445. The dealer, and others, can explain all the differences, but it is the same frame size but with a smaller Yanmar engine. Thus a little less hp and lesser wt. Still plenty enough for the 60" you are inquiring about.

Now if you are thinking of a snowblower, well they tend to be hp hungry or some other attachment, then yes. Actually, look at a 1545 since it has a 2 speed trans, 15mph, taller tires, and a few other things, but same engine and hp.

As a reminder, the 72" will have a better trim on both sides of the deck.

3. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

yea i looked at the 1545 but i would need to work for the deck if a 72 suites me better im gonna go with that

4. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

They are terrible on hills, I only mow with my front mount on large open & flat propertys. It is very possible to use it on res accounts but in my own opinion they are more of a finishing mower than a normal usage mower.

5. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Your is only the little f510. The 1445 can have 4wd and it does have differential lock. Try mowing sideways on a hill with a 1445 with cab. You'll crap and pee all over your self. With out they are not the best but better. Last year I couldn't figure out why mine would hold any hills. Turns out the pivot for the back axle was froze. Took 4 hours of heating and pounding to get the sucker loose.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BOSS LAWN 2343

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

It's all together different than yours. I had a f525. I kinda miss it now that I have small lawns and cemeteries.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. BOSS LAWN 2343

9. 2ExploreTech

I know with 4post ROPS the center of gravity is raised so side-to-side mowing is limited on steep ground. However, it does well going up & down or sideways and have control doing it. By that I mean being able to come to a complete stop and reversing in mid-hill ( such as to ovoid a ditch). They do need to be weighted correctly. If not, lift up the deck and the rear wheels will come up, or at the least not enough ground pressure to steer. :)

These machines really compare better to a mid-compact tractor then a ztr.

10. 2ExploreTech

Last Spring and a few times this summer, I was using an f928 as a light duty bush-hog (OK, rotary grass clipper). Advantages are deck is in front, vs a typical mounting, able to lift high to avoid obstacles, blades strong enough for thick grass and light brush. Note: emphasis on the light-duty -- no grinding rocks, trees, or even grading with this deck