1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

front mount scoop ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodney, Jan 11, 2002.

1. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

there is a lot of inventive people here .got me thinking . some one could make a scoop, like the ones that you can buy for the back of a 3-point tractor, to mount on a ztr with a foot lift or electric lift
    it would only need to lift about a foot off the ground and you could
    run up on a trailer and scoop up mulch and carry it where you need it and if it had a dump and could lift a few feet off the ground sort of like one of those fork lift garbage dumpers you could buy bulk mulch and load it when you need it.
    what do you guys think do we need one for our ztr or not ?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Walker has one. [​IMG]

3. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

man do i feel dumb.
    but no one has one for the midmounts .could be twice that size for mulch.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have a plow for my Grasshopper, but this is the only "bucket " that I've ever seen.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

good ole Walker .... also ...... let's not forget whom makes the only mower where "doubles" are factory standard ;->

[​IMG]

6. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

i would say the wheel barrow would be faster than the walker :p

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

it's not ment to do the job of a bob cat .... but for small application .... like if your building a walk way or pond in a back yard with a small gate or narrow path .... load her with sand, gravel or rock

take a yard of gravel ..... move it 100 ft ... shovel in the barrel ....move the barrel & unload go back .... do that for 2 hours .... the guy with the walker dump would be down the road cutting grass nn not a sore back

one could "mod" it for a lite material as mulch .... but we used bagged mulch for under 10 yards ... have a little trailer for the Walker.....load it up with about 20 bags a trip ... n drive back to the hard to get beds ....;->