1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

front mount spreader for Walker

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by thilawncare, May 4, 2006.

1. thilawncare

thilawncare LawnSite Member

Need somthing that will broadcast from my walker... takes to long to spread by hand..... would be better to use the walker... anyone have somthing theyve used or know of anything... have seen some on exmarks but dont know if it will work for my walker... thanks
  2. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco has a nice 12 volt spreader that Im soon going to be fabricating to my JD 757....so it can be put on and taken off in ten minutes or less. Plus Im going to be installing a 25 gallon fimco sprayer with a five nozzle boom on the back to be on and off in less than ten.

I figure we are all driving 8000 dollar power units that just happen to have a mower deck.

I'm planning a thread when I start building it for real hear soon. Its going to be pretty sweet and the boom/tank, and spreader can be had for about 650.
  3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy who fabricated his own set-up for his Walkers.

He made brackets to attach the support leg of his Lesco spreader to the mowing deck and basically just pushed the spreader with the mower after he was done mowing.

Worked for him.....