Front Mount Weights???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ok4me2xlr8, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

Hi I just purchased a bagger system for my mower and am afraid that the weight of the bagger and its contents are going to cause the mower to be off balance. I have some yards that are pretty steep. Would you reccomend putting weights on the front and/or filling the tires with some kind of substance that cause them to have some weight.:confused:
  2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Front weights I think would be best if you are rear heavey. I have a 2 bag Ultra Vac on my Z and know what you are saying. If its not to steep I usually mow side to side instead of up and down the hill. But if its to steep you stand rolling over also.
  3. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

My Deere bagger came with the weights...
  4. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

What he said. Front weights usually come with bagger system.
  5. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

all you guys need to get a Kubota, weights are built in and come standard
  6. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

What if I want to take them off?
  7. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

As long as your have your bagging unit installed the weight balances pretty well. If you take the bagger off it is a different story on hills. You better have a helmet ready!
  8. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

you can take them off. it's just a couple of pins and clips. The weights are hidden under the front corners of the frame. it's easy. i always leave mine on for hills. since the area i live in has a lot of lake properties with banks