1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Front Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by LandFakers, Feb 2, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I was on craigslist and ran across this
    http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/3585568636.html

I would mostly be using this for snow removal. I really dont want to have a plow on my truck, and plus I can mow some of my larger properties with the 60" deck. They are rather quick at 9.5 mph. So what are your opinions on these mowers and the one I have found specifically

2. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

they are ok in flat, I said flat, FORGET about hills..IMO

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

You show him 10 Franklin's it's yours:waving:

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

One thing I'd be careful of, looking at the new parts list, is that it may have some sort of intermittent run condition that he can't figure out. "Recently rebuilt carburetor, new air filter, new ignition coil, wires and plugs." Hope it's not one of them that runs for an hour and then craps out...you know.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Thanks for the info guys, went and looked at it today and decided it wasnt for me. The guy who was selling it mowed 3 acres of beautiful turf, and the mower came with the house. He said he used it once and decided it was no good and went out and bought a 72" Lazer with a diesel. Cool guy but crazy rich. He said he excepted an offer of 1300 on it :laugh: