front wheel grease

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Downeast, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello Exmark,

I have a 2001 LHP5223KA ,Serial #264130.

I was greasing it up today and noticed that there were no grease fittings ,or zerks on the front wheel rims. The diagram shows a grease point on the wheel or rim . I have searched the rim over and still no zerk or port for a zerk fitting.

Did this model not come with them ? Do I have to remove the wheel and pack them. Or are they maintenance free wheels .?

Nothing painted over ,they are not there.

Both wheels are missing them, if in fact they are supose to be there.

This was a demo I bought from a Exmark dealer in the spring of 2002. Had 9.6 hrs when purchased .

I have no problems with the wheels at this time. I would like to keep it that way.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank You

2. Downeast

Never mind.

Thanks for the help.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Chester,

I apologize for the delay. Your front wheel bearings should not have grease zerks. The wheels should be removed once per year, seals replaced and bearings repacked by hand.

To help increase the life of the wheel bearings you should also give each wheel a spin whenever you have the machine up in the air for blade service, cleaning etc. The front caster wheel should make one to one and a half revolutions before they stop spinning. If the wheel continues to spin simply tighten the wheel bolt until the wheel no longer spins more that one revolution. This sets the clamp load of the bearing and helps ensure maximum bearing life.

Thanks

Terry

4. Downeast

Thank you

Terry

5. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

My Lazer Z has one without and the other rim has a grease zerk, why?

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Diesel Deere,

Your machine should have originally had grease zerks in both front caster wheels or grease zerks in neither. If you e-mail me with your serial number, terry.eckert@exmark.com I can tell you which style you should have on your machine.

Thanks

Terry