front wheels seem too long to me. pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Aug 14, 2007.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i demoed a hustler super z 66" deck(just like pictured).

i can't get over the fact that the frame feels so big compared to my kubota(just like pictured). the front casters on the hustler seem like they stick out too far.

i've been looking at other brands too and they seem to have the same set-up. they feel too long to me.

can someone explain why this is?

i've been looking for a new 54" z i just can't find a mower that i like. i'm starting to get real disappointed
    i liked the hustler i just wish it was about 10" shorter and they brought those front wheels in a little.

mower%20b.jpg

2. grass disaster

here is the mower i currently use. it seems more stout

ZD18.jpg

3. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

Stupid question, but if you're happier with the setup of the Kubota, why not buy another one?

4. grass disaster

because they no longer sell this model. their new model is too heavy for me.

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Measure the total length of the Hustler and the same on your Kubota and tell us the difference. I run the Super Z and can do anything with it you do with the Kubota, just faster. You get use to the length and never notice it again.

6. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been running Hustler for 7 years... I believe they began making their units longer when the xr-7 came out. If you want a shorter machine, try finding an 06 or earlier, pre-xr-7 unit. But, keep in mind that the longer wheelbase adds a level of security while going up or down hills.

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

It is the way the machines are built that makes them look so much different. They are deceiving when you look at these lengths.

2005---60" Super is 75" long

2007---60" XR-7 Super is 78" long

2007---66" XR-7 Super is 80" long

8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Overall length of the ZD18 is: 80.3"

http://www.kubota.ca/files/products/ACF527.pdf

9. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I have a 06 Super Z 25/54 XR7 with less than 15hrs for sale. If interested call 478-955-8101, jeff:dancing:

10. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I have a 06 Super Z 25/54 XR7 with less than 15hrs for sale. If interested call 478-955-8101, jeff:dancing:

000_0538.jpg