Frontrunner??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by green acres lawns, Oct 7, 2006.

1. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody demoed the new front runner yet? If so, how does it compare to the front mount grasshoppers? My dealer didn't have one when I was there last. He did have a Navigator that I rode around the parking lot. Felt a whole lot like my Walker. I like the front mount deck for trimming small props but don't know how well they would work for less than smooth wide open areas.

2. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

3. green acres lawns

You are correct. I must have been asleep when I posted that. More recently I got to talk to my exmark dealer at the local farm fest last week-end. It took him a year to sell the navigator he had, so he will not stock any thing but mid mounts. I did find a frontrunner at another booth(a new holland tractor dealer from another town). It looked very well made. I looked at the under side of the deck and did not find any welding splatter as someone said they had. I am 5' 11" tall so the leg room felt about right to me. I am going to go talk to them about a demo next week. I like the front mount deck on my walker but the little drive tires on the walker and navigator ride to rough to go fast on most properties. Grasshoppers only have 22" drive tires so I think the 24" tires would work well. I have a 6 year old 60" lc lazer I would like to replace.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

we sold one this summer. First time i had seen or operated one. I dont' stock them, so i ordered it in. NICE MACHINE. Very versetile. I don't have any experience with Grasshopper, but it's hard to imagine something being better than this.

They do now offer it in a 72" deck, which will be new for '07. And they do have an ultra vac bagging system for them.

5. green acres lawns

Glad to hear that. Thank you.

6. GotGreen

GotGreen LawnSite Member
    from STL

If they only offered an aerator attachment like the Plugr for the Walker mowers.