Frost and Freeze damage in Florida

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by abrightday, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

So you are saying this is not what she said Ric? Funny - were you at the seminar that day? Please inform me that you were.

2. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

This Tom Maccubbin http://www.cfnews13.com/tom-maccubbin and he's not just a county extension agent. He's writes articles for lawn and garden related magazines and he's on Ch. 9 & Ch. 13. He's on the radio, on over 23 Florida stations. He writes articles and does Q & A's in newspapers. - he gives tips & recommendations to everyone about their landscapes. I saw that same episode and almost crapped & said out loud - I'm going to have some explaning to do to some people. :hammerhead:

3. Landscape Poet

Yep, he is like the go to celebrity for any questions about Landscaping her in the Orlando Market especially for the home owners. On top of the books and articles mentioned in that Bio, he actual has his own on demand channel with all his weekly advice videos here on Brighthouse. Anything he endorses becomes a big hit where ever it is being sold.
    He was at a recent pesticide class I attended at Orange County Extension but I must say that is the first time I remember seeing him at the seminars for the professionals, I think he may do more with the homeowners.

I know he used to be in charge of the "Master Gardener" program. Rob from Lawnsite here in Oviedo was in his last class, and that was several years ago from what I understand.

4. Landscape Poet

5. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got Brighthouse here too, so I know what you're talking about. I think he has more to do with homeowners.

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

7. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

this year we started offering "LAWN PAINTING" for those clients that just have to have a green lawn...lol...at first ithought it was kind of funny....but after really giving it a push people are doing it...it is not real profitable but it has helped keep the cash flowing...

8. zturncutter

Where do you get your paint ?

9. Landscape Poet

Z you should be able to find this at your local Lesco I believe. If not give me a PM and I will give you a number for a company that sells it here locally.

10. zturncutter

Thanks, I will check it out.