Frozen Ball Mount

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dan1944, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

I am going to install an adjustable receiver ball mount to get my new trailer lower in the back, to avoid dragging my Z over the tailgate hump. Well the ball mount wont budge in the reciever, I was able to get the pin out , I have sprayed some rust deslover into every nook and cranny and will let it sit over night. Does any one have any suggestions?. I know this may not be the right forum but there is hardly any activity in the other forums.

No I will not chain it to my house or new chain link fence post and pull.

Dan the lawn care man:blob2:
  2. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd try smacking it side to side or straight in with a BFH, could also try a air chisel with a blunt punch end a "rattle" on it a while,block the front wheels of your truck and place a floor jack under it and jack until your back tires are off the ground the smack some more with the BFH.this should reverse the downward force that has been on it all the while from the trailer. If none of these work depending on what model truck you have you could try heating the outer tube with a oxy acetelyne torch watch that wiring and possible fuel tank close by. One other thing you could back up a buddy's truck and rig a porta-power and jack it out.:confused:
  3. Can you access it from the back? If so drive it out from the back side.

Also you could chain up to a big tree and try to pull it out.

Heat it up with a oxy-acetaline torche.
  4. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

I would try heating the outside with torches and then taking a hammer and tapping around the out side.

That should take care of it. :blob2:
  5. Barker's Lawn Care

Barker's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hook it up to another reciever(not ne1's bumper obviously)and pull away.
  6. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, I'm with Imow4u2. He's the man!!

If his solutions don't get it, it aint gonna be got.
  7. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

All of the about ,I had the same problem and hooked a chain to it and to a tree , 2 jerks and it came right . Youd be suprised at how stuck they can get .I had tried hooking it to the trailor with the pin out and tahing off but the trailor came with me ,Good luck
  8. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

My ball hitch is a little loose and can move around, does anyone see this becoming a problem?
    And yes a BFH should take care of any thing! ;) I own the BFH1000 model.
  9. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Your hitch being a little loose is normal. Only irritating.

I also have the BFH1000. One day I dropped it on my BFToe. Ouch. :D :D
  10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Like the others said, heat & hammer!