frozzen fluid ????

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by UNCLE BOB, Jan 23, 2001.

UNCLE BOB LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever heard of LUCAS oil additives ? I get them at local preformance mach. shop. used mostly for racing apps."oil, auto trans.,man.trans.transfer case etc."It's as thick as( cold maple syrup)sticks to gears-engine parts like glue. trans. additive in old blue extream cold fluid looks brand new, as of last week. they may have web site {lucas oils}. I use in every thing.It's like 7.99 a quart. check it out
  2. wyldman

wyldman LawnSite Member

Gotta be careful with additives.Most contain some kind of viscosity modifier,which thickens the oil.Not good for most plow systems,especially when very cold.Some will even deteriorate some of the seals and "o" rings in hydraulic systems.

I have found using the correct fluid,as specified by the manufacturer,and keeping it clean,works just fine.If you want a good all round oil,use Univis J13 Aircraft hydraulic oil (5606),never freezes,and keeps systems very clean.

We sell and use Lucas products here at our shop,but I would NOT recommend any for plow fluid additives.Just be careful