Frustrated with applying?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Paul Klose, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Paul Klose

Paul Klose LawnSite Member

Anyone frustrated with doing lawn applications? Applying, billing, results, service calls, time management, etc...

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I love everything to do with it!

3. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, but the pay is worth it.

4. crazy4green

crazy4green LawnSite Member

Sometimes stressfull but I enjoy it its a challange everyday and something different always comes up. I couldn't imagine having a boring job whats the fun in that.

5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Take a break, it will pass.

6. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

The only frustrating part of my job (as owner and applicator) is the weather!!!
    In the Spring we will experience 3 days of nonstop rain with the extended forecast calling for sunny weather. When the sun does arrive, so does the 25mph wind.
    Sometimes I swear we're doing apps no-matter what the weather conditions (the BIG boys get away with this method)

7. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

FRUSTRATION..........It comes with any job or profession.......just a matter of time.

I got in to this business to enjoy it, ........and yes....... to make a living.

Daily, take a break.........sit down and lean back against a tree trunk and listen.........listen to the noise made by the birds, insects, dogs barking, kids playing, cars passing, airplanes flying,.........just listen.

I had never heard the all the birds singing until I got in to this business full time......and one day I just stopped, sat down under a big oak tree and listened............. Then I began thinking how fortunate to be in this business and what all I'm thankful for..........it turned out to be the things that I had taken for granted (and they were numerous)........................a shame, isn't it.

Today, everybody seems to be in a hurry. Why?

Why am I frustrated? (you answer)

Ask yourself Why 5 or 6 times. For each answer you give ask.... Why?

Usually, you will get to the root cause of frustration.

I'm not a shrink.........but have been there and done that, frustrated that is.!

You take care.