1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

FS 110 or FS 130?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by HudsonBrosLawnCare, Feb 27, 2011.

1. HudsonBrosLawnCare

HudsonBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

I use a Stihl FS 90R and it's my baby. But I have a 3-4 acre yard that I would like to get through a little faster. So this year I'm gonna buy something a little more powerful. I was thinking either a FS 110 or 130. Is the 130 worth the few extra bucks?
  2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

3. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The 90 is better than the 110. I would go with the 130. The 250 is just too heavy for prolonged use.
  4. sixteen lawn and Garden

sixteen lawn and Garden LawnSite Member

i would get the 130r i used 110's and when i bought a 130 earlier this month now the 110 feels pathetic and i want to use the 130 all the time.
  5. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

totally agree with the above comment I have the 110 and just bought the 130 its like night and day. get the 130 dont look back
  6. Kirkbride Lawn Care

Kirkbride Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have the Stihl fs 130r and I have used other trimmers and that one trims like a champ. I have had nothing but good luck with it and would recommend it!
  7. lyndont

lyndont LawnSite Member

Just bought a 130r and was wondering if anyone ran one with a blade on it? The dealer said they don't recommend it without handlebars but those are expensive especially if you don't use them often
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I have ran one it does fine. My dealer recommends using the little plastic bar not sure what it is called that comes on it by the loop handle. I removed mine the day I got it along with the guard and spark arrestor. Barrier bar that is what it is called
  9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I run fs 110 with handlebars with the poly cut 40 head. That's the big disc with blades with string . That's only head that doesn t fall apart .
    You can cut a 16'' path.
    With fix string you don't need the guard on .
    FS 90 is a dog
    FS 110 and FS 130 isn't much difference in weight little more cc 31 vs 36

With the poly heads. They give you more vacuum to lift the fine bladed grass.
    You can trim smoother
    With handlebars the weight on your shoulder, not on your arms and for that you can trim same height as the lawn mower
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  10. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

What you think of them dang gas caps