1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

FS 110 or FS 130?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by HudsonBrosLawnCare, Feb 27, 2011.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

What do you guys think about the kombi system? I was thinking it would save on cost but it seems to be about the same? I like versatility.
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 110 with the handlebars and wish I'd gotten the 130. I only use it for heavy trimming and brush cutting. It's fine for grass/weeds but not so good for brush :(
  3. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

If you already have a FS90R getting a trimmer with more power isnt going to make it go any faster lol. Its probably going to slow you down because the 110 and 130 weigh a lot more ans its going to make it hell carrying it around the yard. Just get with the FS100RX it has 31 cc's and weighs 10 pounds.
  4. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

The 130 is a half horsepower more than the 110 I dont even run my 110 ever unless I have help with me and we are using 2 trimmers.
  5. sixteen lawn and Garden

sixteen lawn and Garden LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  6. sixteen lawn and Garden

sixteen lawn and Garden LawnSite Member

Funny enough I actually like the gas caps,never broke one but a worker broke one once but he's a rough kind of a person anyway,I used my KM 110 today and man I prefer my FS130,and it seems the 130 gets better with more hours
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. cole32

cole32 LawnSite Member

I run a Stihl fs 100rx and it has been awesome. Best trimmer I have ever had. I dont think you will need that big of a trimmer because you will start scalping.

13 years old, and making money!:weightlifter:
  8. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

Weight diff on the 250 is minimal .. I have a 130 , 90, and 250 .... my crew goes for the 250 every time... if it isnt available they go for the 90 .. the 130 witht the new design is the last one off the truck .. I hate the dang thing. Buying another 250 soon.
  9. Gem Tang

Gem Tang LawnSite Member

stick with the 90 the diff in weight might do the oppisite that you are looking for and just slow you down if you aren't used to it
  10. JukE

JukE LawnSite Member

Would agree with this guy