FS 110R or FS 250R

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mac B., Oct 20, 2004.

1. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I went and looked at new weed eaters today and am more confused now than before. I also did a search on these but did not get much. I wanted to know which one of these two Stihls are people using the most, the FS 110 or the 250. The salesman could not tell me alot about power difference. The 110 has almost the same HP rating as my FS 80, does it really have that much more torque? The 250 is only about $40 more than the 110. I feel like the 250 has the power I am looking for, but I am still curious about the 110.

Thanks Mac

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

When you say the 250 has the power you are looking for... what does that mean exactly? Yes the 250 is more powerful with 40.2cc/2.15bhp than the 110 with 31.4cc/1.3bhp. I own the 110 and has more than enough power for everyday basic lawn maintenance. If you think you will be doing a lot of brush clearing then the 250 may be what you need.

I love the 110. Good luck.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We have a 110 and it has plenty of power and torque. It is almost impossible to bog it down. If all you are doing is trimming short grass then the 110 is what you need but like the previous post said if you are going to be doing a lot of heavy brushcutting then you would be better off with the bigger 250. The 110 is lighter weight and will cost you less than the 250 and it is a great trimmer.

4. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

have both. the 250 has a lot more power for brush clearing but is too much machine for everyday trimming.(unless you only do a few lawns) the weight will start to get to you pretty quickly. the 110 is a lot lighter and (like has been said )has plenty of power for everyday trimming. i would definately get the 110 over the 250 unless you do a lot of brush clearing.

good luck

Dan