1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

FS-36" wright

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by mowin4$, Nov 24, 2009.

1. mowin4$

mowin4$ LawnSite Member

This is a 2008 wright sentar sport w/ @ 45hrs.It has a 17hp electric start kaw motor. I don't want to sell but I need to. It cuts grass like a dream. Great for double cutting in spring or wet grass w/ the rapid height deck. I am selling it for 4500.00. These sell for @ 6800.00 new around here.

2. mowin4$

mowin4$ LawnSite Member

3. JLL25

JLL25 LawnSite Member

Well for your sake I hope you sell it before late January, but if you don't I will buy it for sure. I know thats not much help.
  4. mowin4$

mowin4$ LawnSite Member

If we have a good winter, it may not be for sale in the spring. I will sell my other 36' scags instead. This mower is much more efficient.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sell the scags instead anyways if this is better
  6. mowin4$

mowin4$ LawnSite Member

together they are not worth half of this machine.just want to sell to pay off bills.
  7. LunarLandscape

LunarLandscape LawnSite Member

interested in the machine. Is the price neg.? what the bottom dollar?
  8. TurnGreen1

TurnGreen1 LawnSite Member

I think 4500 is an excellent price. If your trying to pay bills then in my opinion I wouldn't sell it for anything less than 4500. In fact I would raise the price to anyone that asked for a better price than 4500. Otherwise the 2300 loss you are taking to start with is making whatever bills you have to pay cost you even more in the long run.$2300 in interest is several years on a low percentage loan. I would think about keeping the much better machine and not taking a loss, and selling the scags. Even though the total amount may not reach 4500 like you desire. The difference between machines,your negative loss on the wright would outway the difference in actual value in my opinion. Unless you are trying to get rid of a payment on the wright.
  9. mowin4$

mowin4$ LawnSite Member

thanks for the imput.right now i would like to reduce debt. i do not have a payment on the wright, so i could do more w/ that money than i could by selling my 2 36" scags.one scag is a '91 that runs great and the other is a '93,both hydros. both have 14 kaws and start on 1 or 2 pulls.both machine have many years left in them.i am the second owner of both and i am an owner operator that does this part time.i have other stuff that i am getting rid of that should be sold in the next few weeks.if not i will be posting more for sale.
  10. mowin4$

mowin4$ LawnSite Member

lunar, sent you pm.