fs 90r or fs110r

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangeralaska, Mar 4, 2008.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

fs 90r or the fs 110r which one should i buy for my crews.
    i already own 3 110r's and just seen the new 90r's the other day at the dealer.
    $290.00 for fs90r and $340.00 for fs110r

im kind of wanting to try the fs90 because its lighter and cheaper and i think it will make a fine trimmer. let me know what you think.

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have fs90's & love em. No problems & they are light! I've never owned a 110, so I can't compare....

3. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

okay thanks. i just want to know if paying the extra money is worth it for a 110r

4. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

i have the 90's and ive never had a problem with them

on the 22nd my mower dealer is having their spring open house and i really like the new 110's. they seem to have more power and the newer style guard and handle.

pretty much the opposite of what your doing:rolleyes:

5. Buddy Buds

Buddy Buds LawnSite Member

I have 110 combi And I love it. Had a brand new 80 and lost it off my trailer. I just ordered a 90 at a pro day event in Atlanta for $268.

6. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Not much difference in power. Get the 90

7. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

not much difference in weight either... i compared them side by side because im gonna buy a couple of new trimmers and both of the price tags said the units were 11.8 pounds ... im thinking of getting the 80's..... lighter and better on gas.

8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have the 90's and the only reason I went with them was because my sales rep suggested them. He told me the power and weight was about the same. The reason he suggested the 90's was because the exhaust port and muffler were larger and had less problems with carbon. I do not know if this is true but I have not had any problems. Knock on wood. I also run 87 gas and Echo powerblend oil.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I believe the 90 has a flex inner shaft, and the 110 is solid.
    No, not straight vs. curved, but flexible vs. solid, the part that spins inside, might call it the axle thou it's the inner shaft.

No, I don't believe for straight trimming it makes a difference at all.
    But for most attachments a solid shaft is required, because the flex can't take as much torque.
    So the 90 won't take many attachments, IF it has a flex shaft which I think it does...
    I'm not sure if this is a concern, but I thought I'd mention it.

10. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

The 80's actually use more gas than the 90's, they also pollute over 5 times more than the 90 (if that is of any importance to you).