1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

FS!: 99 Scag Hydro WB

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by carguyrob, Feb 22, 2010.

1. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

I am selling my '99 Scag SWZ 48". It has a 16hp Briggs Vanguard engine that needs some work. It ran when I put it away about a year and a half ago and does not want to start now. This is actually a very low hour mower. I bought it when I was 16 to start my business and mowed around 15 accounts with it and upgraded to an Advantage deck just a few years later. It does not have an hour meter but I would guess it has somewhere around 400 hours. The hyrdos worked perfectly when I put it away with fresh fluid. The spindles were always greased and are in perfect working condition. If you are good with your hands a rebuild kit for the motor is about 200 bucks. With a freshened engine this mower is ready to cut grass. I will try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days. $700 OBO

2. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

if you were closer i'd buy it.

Just get the carb cleaned and change the oil.I bet it will start.

3. carguyrob

You're probably right, I just haven't put the time into it since I updated equipment. I think it'd be a solid buy for someone new to the business or someone good with small engines.

4. wallace014

wallace014 LawnSite Member

would you take 500 for it?

5. carguyrob

I'm fairly firm on the 700, I feel it is worth that with low hours on everything. If you will do the 700 cash I will meet you halfway for free...zanesville?

6. wallace014

wallace014 LawnSite Member

ok well let me do some number crunching and i will let you know within the next 2 days

7. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pics of it

8. carguyrob

I'm gonna get some pics up later today.

9. rm25x

rm25x LawnSite Member

I am interested in pics as well.

10. carguyrob

I'm sorry guys, didn't get over there today for pics, I promise I will get them up tomorrow!