Fs: Br600

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by godzilla, Nov 14, 2006.

1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I have a business associate who wants to sell an almost brand new BR600 STIHL back pack blower. Nothing wrong with the blower, just not for him.

PM for details.

2. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I am interested in one, what is he wanting for it?

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search becuase this has been brought up so many times in the past few weeks.

4. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

what has been brought up many times in the past few weeks? about the br600 or about this exact one?

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Just what I told you. do a search and you will see. I think there is 2 or 3 threads going now between the br600 and Redmax. You will be able to see what people think of the br600.

6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

And? Im confused...

7. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a mini war going on here between owners of the BR 600 and owners of the Redmax 8000 and 8001's. The Redmax owners think their blowers are best cause they feel they have more power.... The BR600 owners think their blowers are best cause they are lighter, quieter, and better on gas and almost as powerful as the redmax. There are a few knuckleheads who either got a lemon or didn't use it properly, or didn't set the mixture properly... something and felt the BR600 was junk, so they have jumped in every thread on these blowers and slammed them, meanwhile 99 percent of the people who have bought them couldn't be happier.

that is what is going on..... Apparently Dcondon is suggesting that this seller is unloading the BR600 because of the negative talk about them here. It seems the Redmax users are more vocal than the Stihl users and the Redmax is getting a good repuatation here, and some people have decided based on this biased information to sell their 600's and seek out a Redmax dealer to buy a 8001.

Funny thing is, one of my good friends owns a big popular lawnmower shop in town and he sells Stihl, Redmax and Kawasaki. He bragged about the BR-600 for a long time, then recently has given the big Kawasaki top praise.... Never has he praised the Redmax stuff.

Me I am sure the Redmax is a great blower. But overall as a package I prefered the Stihl and that is what I bought, and like most others I couldn't be happier.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Hell, I have a Stihl 420 Magnum, and yeah its a pain to start (3 pulls on choke, 2 pulls off choke) and its that same exact sequence each time, but it is a great blower.

9. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I got one of those two, I too think it is great. It is lighter and more comfortable than the BR600.... It just doesn't come close to having the same power, it is way less power overall. I keep mine as a back up if I ever have trouble with the BR600, or if I have a helper and want to use two blowers

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Hey Ron,
    I have 3 br600s that have had major engine failure 5 times in one year!! Somebody had to tell people about these failures. I have seen several more br600s at my dealer w/ the same problems. The problem is people that don't cut a hundred yards a week, just don't have as many problems w/ the blowers. More hours = more problems. Sorry to be a knucklehead.:rolleyes: