FS: Magna Matic 9000

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by appalachianoutdoors, Jan 10, 2012.

1. appalachianoutdoors

appalachianoutdoors LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a Magna Matic 9000 sharpener last week, used about 20 minutes, and now wish I had bought a MM 8000. Dealer is willing to make an exchange, but am hoping to save return shipping cost and to sell to someone willing to pick up in Central Va area. PM if interested. Will sell for $590.00. Like new condition. :usflag:

2. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you enlighten us as to why the 9000 didn't work so well?

3. appalachianoutdoors

FS: Magna Matic 9000, see above post.:usflag:

4. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just about to buy a 9000 but then I read this and wondering if I should spend the extra $ and get the 8000....

5. appalachianoutdoors

Meant to include that I have an extended worktable also for $44.00. see above post. :usflag:

6. appalachianoutdoors

It works great. Absolutely no problems. I just underestimated how many people would use me to start sharpening for them and how many of them were using the mulching blades. Once word got out among some of my friends that I had bought one, I started getting a lot of calls. Originally, I was going to just use this for myself, and I only have the mulching blades on one push mower. With the extra interest from other people, I can justify the expense of the 8000. :usflag:

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

side money always love that payup

8. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

Hello All,

That is a good point. If you are looking towards offering a side-business service of blade sharpening the MAG-8000 is designed to be our servicing dealer/sharpening shop machine. Largely because of the MAG-8000's ability to do almost any blade (mulching or conventional).

The MAG-9000 is designed to be a lawn care pro/landscaper unit, with only the ability to do conventional straight blades (no bends in cutting edge).

Both units are commercial units, so they both can handle any load, but the MAG-8000 can do more blade types.

Thank you,

9. electric

electric LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. electric

electric LawnSite Member

@magna- mattic. Oops my post blended into yours??
    Posted via Mobile Device