fs110 fuel filter

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bare spot, Jun 15, 2008.

1. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

was doing some maintenance today on my fs110 (plugs, filters etc). long overdue but went to switch out the fuel filter and couldn't fish it out of the tank. seams i don't have enough line to pull it out the opening and wondering if there is some other way. most of other equipment i'm able to fish the filter and the line out the opening and in 2 minutes i'm done, on this one i could only get it as far as the opening, and then run out of line. idk, does the tank come apart, that the answer, it was getting late and figured i would quit while i was ahead so as to not rip the line out, make my problem worse (is running good now) idk, thought i'd post my problem as stupid as it sounds and see if i could get any help on changing this. thanks in advance
  2. LuckhardtLawnService

LuckhardtLawnService LawnSite Member

the tank does come off but its not fun to do.. if you take some long needle nose pliars and try to pull it out and put it back in that worked for our 110's, but sometimes I have to take off the tank which isnt exactly fast.. those damn filters are a pain in the a**..
  3. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

my first thought was a practical joke by who ever made it but another inch of line would of been great, i'm sure would would agree time is a factor, sounds like i'm going the plier route tom. thanks