1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

fuel $3 / gallon in NY

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Aug 11, 2005.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Prices now at 65+ / barrel with less than 1.5 million barrels / day to spare for a demand of 80+ million barrels /day.

I do hate to be right in this case, we'll see 3.50 before end of september, october at the latest, maybe 4 ... nah, prolly 4 next year.

And I shouldn't say it, but it really *IS* funny how you can pump fuel anytime, anyday, so long you're willing to pay there is no shortage. In that respect, things should change before Xmas as demand finally outstrips supply... but what are they going to do ... things ought to get interesting really soon, lol
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

when you have a president who is in oil.......
  3. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

thank you president bush ... we couldnt have done it without you ...c
  4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Care to elaborate???
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

the bush family is in oil, he has holdings in oil, high oil prices make him money very simple.... im not saying he is responsible for the prices, but he is responsible for not putting a stop to it,

remember in the 80's the government put a stop to the oil company price fixing, where as now why would he put a stop to something making him lots of money.....
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Hey guys, Bush can't do a thing about it. Have you guys not noticed we aren't members of OPEC? OPEC is responsible for 65% of all oil outputs so they kid of get to control the flow of oil, which means they have a good firm grasp on pricing. How on earth is Bush going to put a stop to this mess? Is he just going to stand up and say, " No, I will not allow this..." and its just supposed to stop?
  7. bama26

bama26 LawnSite Member

they can however relise some of the us national reserve oil that they keep inside that mountain to help flood the market and drive prices down instead of hording our oil for no reason
  8. erikdean

erikdean LawnSite Member

The Bush family is in nothing but oil. with the price of oil going up in just the past couple of weeks good old Bush has been able to put extra tens of millions of dollars in his pocket. Just look up the Bush family holdings and you will see what I mean.

9. elamey

elamey LawnSite Member

I'll put my 5cents in...the REAL problem with gas prices is the consolidation of the gas companies in the past few years. There used to be a market place with 100's of little oil companies "J.R. Ewing...Ewing Oil :) " The big companies have been buying all the smaller ones and now there are only a few BIG oil companies.

There are so few oil companies now there is very little competition, they can create artificial shortages very easily and don't be fooled. They are working together to create these shortages "BUT THATS AGAINST THE LAW" .... get real hippie...Billionaire CEO's are above the law. They go to Augusta National, decide to create a fake shortage (EVER HEAR OF ENRON??) over a round of golf, then screw the rest of us.

Second, commodities trading. The SEC is cracking down on illegal securities trading, it's harder to manipulate stocks...so how are the big money brokers to cheat the system to make thier money?? Start manipulaing the commodities markets of course!! Buy some oil, user your billions to run it up a few dollars a barrel, sell it at a huge profit. Start selling short before you sell off your commodities, sell sell sell, drive the price back down, make a fortune covering the short contracts.

All on the back of the little guy.... :gunsfirin
  10. the ace

the ace LawnSite Member
    from usa

All in favor of making Iraq a new state!