Fuel Consumption

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kubotafan, Feb 19, 2008.

1. kubotafan

kubotafan LawnSite Member

What fuel consumption is do you get with your gas ZTR's?

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Gravely 260Z, 25hp Kawasaki, and mulch kits I get right at 1.2 gph.

3. dgZtrak737

dgZtrak737 LawnSite Member

Thats about what Im getting on my 23hp Kawasaki. I am wanting to switch to a diesel machine

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's a little bit like a Lamborghini, I am sure the odd owner knows the mpg but it's just not a concern...
    I get around 2gph on mine for what it's worth she'll swallow 20- 30 bucks at the end of a day...
    But fuel consumption isn't a real concern on a hog, or it shouldn't be.

Wb's otoh, a gear drive Toro?
    I can do 10 lawns on a 5 gallon tank, thou once in 6 years I did actually run out of gas (but made it through the last 10 minutes with some 2-cycler mix lol).

5. kubotafan

kubotafan LawnSite Member

I only use about 1/3 a gallon of diesel an hour with a Kubota G1800 AWS. I am thinking about a ZTR, and the size I want are almost all gas. Looks as if my fuel consumption would tripple in cost.

6. dgZtrak737

dgZtrak737 LawnSite Member

Like I said, I am looking to switch for that reason, AND the life of diesel motors. I wonder if anyone has a TORO 580D with the kubota diesel

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

My 737 with the 23 kaw. uses about a gallon in 1.1 hour. I have never checked my 19 kaw. on the exmark but know its better than the 23.

8. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about how much fuel but I can tell you the exmark I used to run which was diesel would run an 8 hour day and only use 3 gallons. My gassers all run about 1 gallon an hour funny that even includes my plow truck go figure