1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Economy on Walk Behind or Rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BINKY1902, Jun 3, 2010.

1. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I was just wanting to get some info on other models mowing time in terms of fuel economy. I have the Bradley 48 Hydro with an 18 hp Honda engine, with a five gallon tank. I can mow a little over four straight hours on a tank. What do you have and how long will it mow on a tank? Just curious to see if anyone else keeps up with this stuff. So I guess I mow at about a gallon per hour.

2. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I have a dixon kodiak and a husqvarna EZ both with 21 kawi and 52inch decks. I'm going through a half gallon an hour when I last checked.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I fill the tank on my 48" Toro gear drive and I can almost guarantee she'll wear
    out the operator long before running out of gas, I can run ALL day on that,
    not sure what it translates to in actual hours.

4. BINKY1902

from South

Just got done running mine for 3 1/2 hour and used half a tank, so 2.5 gallons. I bet my walk behind would get better than that if it wasn't pulling my 230 lb butt around.

5. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I get 5.2 hours on a tank on my 48/19 deere stander. 5 gallon tank I believe.

6. BINKY1902

from South

I'd like to here what some of the guys running 30+ hp mowers are getting if anybody would like to pitch in.