1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fuel Efficient Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coumbe, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

What Is The Most Fuel Efficient Wb 48" Mower? I Assume It Would Be The Lightest???

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Their all about the same because they all use the same engines. The one with the best designed deck for your mowing conditions would probibly be your best bet for fuel efficiency.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Fuel efficiency cant really be compared on wb's. They really are all within the same range which is very efficient. Now on ZTR's, with options like EFI, DFI, and diesel the consumption varies GREATLY.

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

A little preventative maintenance helps too. Things like properly adjusted carbs, new spark plugs, clean air filter, adjusted belts, oil changes, grease things that require grease, sharp/balanched mowing blades, etc will all help your mower be fuel efficient. Travis is right, most mower manufacturers use the same engines, they are just on different machines and set up differently.

5. Coumbe

It Always Felt Like Scag Weighed A Lot More Than Othe Mowers. So I Thought That Might Make Them Less Efficient??????

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

The differences in weight would be so little that you would hardly even notice a difference. It has more to do with the above statements that I and others have made.

7. Coumbe

Tahnks For The Info.

8. Coumbe

Let Me Try Again.
    Thanks For The Info.

9. Coumbe

I Have A 48"tiger Cub And Love It. Over 1100 Hours On It And It Has Only Had Regular Maintenance(oil, 2 Belts, Ect..) I Am Now In Need Of A 48" Wb, Scag Only Has Pistol Grips From What I Have Heard The T Bar Sounds Great. It Also Sounds Like A Darn Good Mower That You Can Log A Lot Of Hours On. The Scag Dealer Is A Bit Closer But I Rarely Have To Go There Because Of Scags Quality And I Buy Filters 10 At A Time.

So My Question Is Should I Stick With Scags Pistol Grips Or Go With The Toro T Bar?