Fuel estimate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jak2703, Aug 6, 2007.

1. jak2703

jak2703 LawnSite Member

I am wondering what someone could expect to spend in fuel each week, just an average. I will be starting next spring. I really have no idea what to expect in fuel for the lawnmowers. I will be using 21 inch push mower, 36 inch walk behind, and hand tools. Thanks for the help.

jak2703

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm 17 and have a small business right now. I have about 12 accounts weekly. I spend about $30 in gas each week. I have a ford f-150, a 48in walkbehind, and some 21in mowers.

3. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

We are fairly small also, I run three trucks, one mowing crew with two 36 wb and 21 plus trimmers blowers ect. and we do hardscape and install work 3 to 4 days a week plus misc maint. and odd jobs, I spend on average $1000.00 per month on fuel alone.

4. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

There are so many variable to figure in. The size and number of properties/accounts, your tow vehicle, and the price of fuel, (who knows how much more it will go up). One account I have takes about 22 gallons just for the mowers. I average about $250 per week in fuel and oil cost.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It really depends on how many lawns & how far apart they are. For the truck, mowers, & hand held equipment I typically drop around $325 a week in fuel in the spring, but only about $200 a week this time of the year. The equipment works a lot harder when the grass is wet & thick.

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

over $1000/month in fuel, half in the trucks, half in the mowers. the ZTR's are using about 5 galons a day each cutting 20-25 lawns.

7. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

i spend bout 150 a week right now.

8. mowranger

mowranger LawnSite Member
    from ms

we spend $550 to $650 in fuel a week to service 450 + lawns

9. DPAT

DPAT LawnSite Member

I Use $120 For Every Two Weeks

10. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

i go about 110 each week, truck mowers trimmer edger 25 lawns, that also includes 2 cycle mix for the trimmer & edger + blower