Fuel filter problems need HELP quick!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by UrbanGreen, Mar 9, 2008.

1. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

I have an 06' LBZ duramax. Heres my problem....the fuel filter needed to be changed so we changed them out. After bleeding the line I cranked the truck and it ran for maybe 5 sec. and then died. It would not crank after that even after we went through the whole process again. Now the message board on the dash isnt showing anything either not even the mileage. I have never had a problem like this with changing the filter, can anyone help?:confused:

2. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

You used the primer bulb right?

3. UrbanGreen

Yea primed it until a little fuel comes out of the bleeder valve, tightened the bleeder valve back and then nothing. I dont get it

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

you gotta prime these stupid things. its right on top of the fuel filter houing. pump it until your finger is blistered, then move on to the next finger. then shell fire right over.

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

dont mess with the bleeder valve. just keep priming. it takes a while.

6. UrbanGreen

So keep the bleeder valve tightened down and then just prime like a mad man?

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

thats it! it took me a good 5-10 min of priming. very poor design on these duramaxs.

8. UrbanGreen

lol!! Is normal for the message board not to show anything at all on it? When I changed the filter before we didnt have to prime so much and the message board still came up.

9. UrbanGreen

Well going to go prime the hell out of that thing now.....Texanlawn thanks alot for your help its not the first time you have given me advice on duramax! Thanks

10. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

YEPH,the Cummins is self primming, I change my filters while the guys are mowing accounts sometimes