1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fuel(gas) prices on the RISE again !!!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kipcom, Oct 21, 2006.

1. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Here is a good thought that came up in our weekly "ThinK-Tank" meeting and I thought I would pass it along for any further input.

Q: Due to the Oil Cartels greed....fuel prices are on the rise again ( They are dead set that it will never go below $2.00 per gallon retail 87octane / $58 per barrell crude) Did you submit your bids accordingly ? :confused:
  2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

It is simply supply and demand. The gas will go back up in summer when the demand rises.
  3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Im still paying 2.60 for diesel around here.
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I paid $1.99 last week for 87, $2.05 this morning....

Diesel is $2.41 here.....
  5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It's going up because OPEC just cut production by 1,000,000 barrels a day
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

$2.49 here But you can get gas for $2.03
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Unfreakinbelievable... I'll tell ya what, I HATE government interference in our lives but I wish someone could control this OTHER than the share holders at the oil companies.

Reg. Unleaded just went back down to $2.10 here a few days ago, It jumped back to $2.19 for some reason for a few days there... Sure wish I had a 500 gallon storage tank somewhere, I'd fill that sucker up NOW, throw in some stabil and be set for next year and laugh as everyone else pays over $1.00 more a gallon than I did.. lol
  8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

that's the funny thing, diesel is less refined than gassoline, which means it's cheaper to produce. The cost of diesel should be at least $.50 cents cheaper than unleaded regular, it just goes to show how the oil companies like to play with us. I'm gonna get myself a prius or a natural gas honda civic, and see how they liked being shortchanged.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

As much as the trend frustrates me as well and I can't stand how OPEC only raises production by 500k barrels / day yet cuts it by 1m / day, I find it helpful to remember that:

- Petrol is a limited resource. When it runs out, there is no more.
    - OPEC is an organization which, one of the reasons it was originally created is to help protect ourselves from consuming too much of this precious resource, so as to delay the inevitable as long as possible.
    - When fuel prices are too low, we fail to respect it for what it really is.
    - The easiest way to conserve tons of money is don't take the car every single time you need to go get something, but write it down for later... Once you have 4-5 things or more, you can make it where you only use the car once / week, if I put 5,000 miles on mine in a year anymore... This also prolongs the life of the car and all its parts, I am saving a LOT of money with high fuel prices, more in fact than when gas was cheap.

That helps me some.
  10. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Ummmm...Why was this topic moved ?? Its does not belong here....Someone have something to HIDE ?? :confused: